You lucky people! Azul’s nutrition expert and resident chef, Jo Dombernowsky, will be sharing her recipes and nutrition tips right here on the Azul blog. Yes, we know you’d rather have Jo in your kitchen but this is possibly the next best thing…
Here’s one of Jo’s tasty tapenades from her upcoming and highly anticipated cookbook (more details of this coming soon!) The olives and spice are a mouth-watering combination and it’s really easy to make. Have a go and let us know how you got on in the comments section below.
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300g green olives, drained
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp date puree, or 1 tsp honey
- A pinch chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine most of the olives (250g) with all the other ingredients and blend with a processor.
- Chop the remaining olives (50g) and add to the mixture, stirring well with a spoon.
Recipe nutrition facts
- Olives provide healthy monounsaturated fats that help to prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Raw garlic is a blood cleanser and a natural antibiotic.