Would you like to safely shed a few extra pounds, or find some more energy in your daily routine? Or perhaps simply boost your mood on those dreaded Monday mornings? Our nutrition, detox and weight management holidays can do all of this while you enjoy a holiday in the sun!
A detox can vary from simply replacing vices with something more healthy to altering our diets to assist the release of toxins and strengthen the organs. Toxins are the chemicals and poisons that cause harm to the body. Our bodies have a natural detox system (comprising the liver/urinary system and digestive tract) which deals day in day out with the toxins of modern life. Giving this system a break can be a great way to de-stress and give yourself a fantastic kickstart to a healthier lifestyle.
- Increases energy levels by cutting out foods that are complex to digest, maintaining a more constant, healthy blood sugar level. This will also reduce cravings, reduce hunger pangs and eventually reduce tiredness.
- Increases general feelings of wellbeing and vitality
- Boosts the immune system, resulting in less colds, flus and illness
- Improves digestion and particularly helps alleviate symptoms of heartburn, constipation and gas
- Improves skin quality
- Encourages weight loss
- Helps to kickstart a new healthy lifestyle
Azul detox holiday
Why detox with Azul?
We run speciality detox weeks which combine nutritious and detoxifying food with daily yoga specifically designed to assist the body in detoxing. Please see our speciality retreat week: holistic detox through yoga and nutrition for more details on this.
We are also able to design a detox plan for you during any of our normal retreat weeks. Our team of nutrition experts will tailor your detox to your individual needs. During a comprehensive consultation we will discuss exactly what your goals are and take into account any health concerns you may have.
During the detox we are on hand to support you in order to ensure you get the most out of the process and feel comfortable throughout. We are passionate about the benefits of detoxing and regularly complete detoxes ourselves.
Advice and guidelines for before your Azul detox holiday
- Reduce caffeine and alcohol intake a week before your arrival, ideally reducing your intake to zero two days prior to arrival.
- Try to cut out carbohydrates, bread, pasta and processed foods.
- Try to reduce or eliminate the consumption of meat.
- If you are a heavy smoker or drink regularly, it will be a huge shock to the system to give up at the same time as detoxing. We recommend taking one step at a time – give up a particular vice before moving on to the next.
Please contact us to discuss your specific needs and to find out more.