Colour visualisation can be a powerful tool in meditation due to the link between the seven colours of the light spectrum and the seven chakras.
Many believe that by focusing on certain colours you can promote healing in specific parts of the body or alternatively you can channel the full rainbow of colours that make up white light to improve your general wellbeing and sense of relaxation.
In this meditation by yoga instructor Vicky, you will be guided through a series of colour imagery as a way to tune in to several different levels: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
Please ensure you are sitting or lying comfortably before you begin this meditation. Start by closing your eyes. Relax and take a few slow, deep breaths into your abdomen. Feel the tension in your body dissipate and notice how the muscles in your face, jaw and shoulders start to relax.
The seven chakra colours are as follows:
- Root chakra – your feelings of being safe, secure and grounded: Red
- Sacral chakra – your creativity and feelings: Orange
- Solar plexus chakra – your centre of being and intellect: Yellow
- Heart chakra – tranquility and serenity: Green
- Throat chakra – focus on communication: Blue
- Third eye chakra – opens your consciousness and connects us to the spiritual world: Indigo
- Crown chakra – the chakra of oneness and spirituality: Violet