This unique women’s only retreat week will be lead by Jo and Andrea, sharing their secrets and practices with you. Gain the tools and knowledge to discover your very own vitality and to feel and look younger longer.
During this 7 day retreat we will be exploring and integrating ancient teachings of Ayurveda: the sister science of yoga, and traditional Chinese medicine. Both eastern philosophies remain the most ancient living traditions for natural approaches towards our health and wellbeing. The week will help you to discover new found knowledge for the modern day woman, and how to integrate it into your daily practices and lives and of course all in the name of fun and love. Join us to delve into an understanding of all aspects of our deeper selves.
An inspiring and nourishing retreat week to delve into the therapeutics of yoga. A balancing and educational week specifically created for women of all ages and abilities.
Together we will share and explore:
- Empowering and restorative yoga practices inline with the seasonal changes; the five element theory, twelve primary organ systems and subtle anatomy.
- Strengthening and lengthening Pilates classes; working on the deeper muscles of the pelvic floor, crucial for women of all ages.
- Elevating embodied awareness and cultivating intuitiveness of the Chi in the body
- Learn to recognise and understand changes in your female cycle and acquire the therapeutics to restore balance and harmony within yourself during those hormonal fluctuations.
- Individual one to one programmes available for students with specific needs *booking required.
- Specific Ayurvedic diet; Support and guidance on balancing your Dosha (Ayurvedic constitution)
- Daily Yoga practices including: yoga therapy, Jivamukti yoga, restorative yoga, Hormone balancing class through yin yoga, yoga nidra + 3 Pilates classes
- nutritional talks and intuitive female movement.
About the Instructors
Andrea Everingham is the founder of OneYoga Studio in Manchester and a regular contributor to ‘Ask The Expert’ (Manchester Evening News). She combines her many years of experience studying and working with the human body and movement with an in-depth study of nutrition and raw foods and their impact on overall wellbeing. She is also trained in ante- and post-natal care.
She joins the Azulfit team in the Fuerteventura sunshine with her natural and empathetic teaching style and infectious enthusiasm. Her holistic and sophisticated approach of total body, mind and spirit integration is as accessible to those new to yoga as it is challenging for the more practiced yogi.
During the week Andrea will teach you Yoga Therapeutics, Yoga for balancing hormones, Women's dance therapy, the 12 primary organ systems and
ayurvedic yoga for doshas.
Naturally approachable and caring, her passion is to bring the joy and release of yoga to her students. Her captivating, warm and energetic approach continues to attract a strong following of committed yogis both in her studio and through retreats and her own Teacher Trainings across the globe.
Jo Dombernowsky, is our resident nutritional advisor and chef. Jo will teach you ways to heal your body through a combination of juicing, plant based eating, and Aryuvedic medicine. Her ambition is to help you to create a sustainable lifestyle by breaking down some of the myths, and sharing positive small steps towards changing behaviours.
Jo will teach you the art of ayurvedic cooking and balancing doshas with nutrition as well as inspiring nutrition talks & Pilates for strength, flexibility.
All morning classes are followed by brunch at 10:00; Inclusive evening meals are served at 19:30. Inclusive massage therapies are offered Monday and Tuesday between classes.
|Sunday||Balancing Yoga||Pilates + Yoga Nidra|
|Monday||Jivamukti Yoga||Yin Yoga|
|Tuesday||Pilates||Pranayama & restorative postures|
|Wednesday||Ayurvedic Yoga for doshas||Free afternoon for treatments, relaxing, exploring|
|Friday||Jivamukti yoga||Final Restorative Yoga class|
This special retreat week takes place at Surya Retreat in Fuerteventura. The villa is beautifully situated nestled amongst the volcanoes with views to the sea. Offering different levels of accommodation to suit all budgets, we are sure to have the perfect place for you to lay your head.
Daily brunch (fruit salad, selection of cereals, home-made bread, eggs, salad, cheese, pancakes, juice, herbal teas and coffee) is served after the morning session.
Truly Healthy, Truly Delicious takeaway lunches will be provided so you can spend your days on the beach, resting by the pool or exploring the island between classes.
Five delicious and healthy evening meals are included within the cost of the course, designed by Jo .
Massage, beauty & complementary therapies
Included in this special week is a one hour full body massage - the perfect way to balance and restore. You can book additional treatments, including massages, beauty treatments and complementary therapies, to make sure you go home completely relaxed and rejuvenated. Find out more about the therapies and treatments.
- Seven nights accommodation
- All classes, workshops and Q&A
- Daily brunches, takeaway lunches and five delicious vegetarian evening meals
- One hour full body therapeutic massage
- All equipment (mats, belts, etc.)
There is a 150 euro supplement to our normal prices for this special week. The cost of the course starts at 885 euros for a shared room.