Leave the mayo on the supermarket shelf and try this fresh, crunchy, zingy coleslaw instead. Simple and so much more satisfying…
- ½ medium white cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 handfuls of raisins
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp sesame or extra virgin olive oil
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cardamom, freshly ground
- A handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
Optional: toasted sunflower seeds and goji berries
- Combine the vegetables, apple and raisins in a salad bowl and mix.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. Add to the salad bowl and mix.
This coleslaw is delicious the day after so make plenty!