The combination of the rosemary and chili work surprisingly well – and this a fantastically healthy alternative to creamy spreads. Easy to make, full of protein and really satisfying. It’s a winner all round.
Cannellini beans are excellent for dips and to give soups a creamy consistency. They have a low glycemic index and are high in fibre.
- 250g cannellini beans, cooked and drained
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalk of fresh rosemary
- 1–2 hot chilli or cayenne peppers
- Sea salt and pepper
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan and add the garlic, chilli and rosemary.
- Fry on a low heat for a few minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend to a puree.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
About the author
|Jo Dombernowsky is the resident chef and nutrition advisor at Azul Yoga & Pilates Retreat. She runs nutrition workshops, detox retreats and special nutrition holidays and is the author of the highly acclaimed cookbook ‘Truly healthy, truly delicious’. Jo is also an inspirational Pilates teacher and her all-round healthy approach to life is clear to see! Jo has her own food blog where she posts her delicious recipes, keeping you up to date on all the wonderful new food coming out of the Azul kitchen.|