Your privacy and the security of your personal information is really important to us. This document explains some of the measures we take to protect your data. Above all, we treat your data in the same way that we treat everything else about your holiday with us; responsibly, with care, attention and respect.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you might have, and you can request information from us anytime by emailing us at [email protected].
We collect personal data to provide you with information and services. By providing us with your personal information, you are agreeing for us to store and use it as described in the full Statement below, briefly summarised as follows:
- Your data is securely stored and never sold.
- Your information is only shared with our partners in cases where third party services are used – for example, retreats at properties we don’t own, or if you book additional services provided by our partners, such as surfing.
- We only use your personal data for marketing purposes with your consent and you can opt out of this at any time using this unsubscribe form.
- You have the right to review and change the information we store at any time. You can do that by emailing us at [email protected].
Please find the full Statement below.
Last Updated: 26 April 2018
This privacy statement (“Statement”) applies to Azulfit SL (collectively, “Azulfit” “we,” or “us”).
By providing Azulfit with your personal information, you agree to the collection and use of your personal information as described in this Statement. This includes both written and verbal information provided either online, in person, by telephone or via other sources.
Click on one of the links below to jump to a specific section or scroll down to read the policy in full.
Through our website, booking system, and in conducting every aspect of our hospitality and business, we may collect personal information. This personal information may include: your name, contact information, information related to your reservation, participation in a contest, opt-in to our blog, information related to the purchase and receipt of products or services, nationality, passport number, travel details related to transfers, allergy or injury information, payment information, such as your payment card number and other card information, as well as authentication information and other billing and account details, guest preferences, marketing and communication preferences, reviews and opinions about our services (if they are identified or associated with you), and other types of information that you choose to provide to us with or that we may obtain about you from our partners (suppliers and marketing partners).
We may ask for details on joint travellers, including their names and injuries, allergies and emergency contact information relevant to provide services for your booking. We may also collect information related to conversations, including voice messages and SMS and WhatsApp messages.
In addition, we collect other personal information in certain cases, such as:
- On-site / registration data collection: We collect additional personal information during check-in at our retreats, including such information as may be required by local laws. In addition, we may collect personal information in connection with on-property services, such as required to provide therapies, classes and meals, activities, equipment rental.
- Retreat Profiles: If you plan a retreat or event with us, we collect event specifications, the date of the event, number of guests, details of the guest rooms. We also collect information about the guests that are a part of your group or event (allergies, arrival details etc). If you visit us as part of a group, we may have personal information about you provided to us by the group and may market to you as a result of your stay with a group or attendance at an event in accordance with your preferences as permitted by law. If you visit us as part of an group or event, we may share personal information about you with the service providers, as permitted by law. If you are a retreat organiser we may also share information about your event with third-party service providers who may market event services to you as permitted by law.
- Social Media: If you choose to participate in Azulfit-sponsored social media activities or offerings, we may collect certain information from your social media account consistent with your settings within the social media service, such as check-ins, activities, interests, photos and status updates. We may also allow you to enter into contests to provide photos, such as of your stay with us, which you may share with your connections on social media for votes, shared offers or other promotions.
- Employment Applications: If you choose to apply for employment with Azulfit, please request our employment applicant privacy notice.
We may also collect information about you from third parties; including information from travel agents, other retreat booking websites, card payment services, and other partners, including surf partners, and other activity providers through which you may have booked our services or from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your data with us.
We use your personal information to provide the best possible service for you, including to provide and personalise the services you request and expect from Azulfit, to offer you the expected level of service inline with our mission statement.
- Service Administration: We use your personal information to administer your booking and relevant statuses related to payment and transfers. We provide you with access to your booking information, such as status and offers for which you are eligible; to fulfil services that are part of your booking including classes, meals, therapies and activities; to enable direct communication between properties within Azulfit brand.
- Retreat and Event Planning: We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our services and event planning.
- Marketing and Communications: Where permitted / consent given, we may use your personal information to provide or offer you newsletters, promotions and featured specials, as well as other marketing messages in accordance with any communications preferences you have expressed. We always aim to make the content of these useful, supportive and informative.
- We use your information to provide in-stay messaging via text or WhatsApp (transfer arrangements, activity pick up times, schedule changes), and reservation confirmations.
- We use your information to send you marketing messages; and to conduct surveys, prize draws, and other contests. We may provide these communications via email, online advertising, social media. With your consent, we also use user-generated content (such as photos) from social media services to deliver display advertising or on our website.
- We may also collect information from your payment card, which is used only for the services provided at the time of booking or during your stay. Please see the link to our payment processing partners for more information on how your data is processed and securely stored.
- Service Improvements: We may use your personal information to improve Azulfit services and to ensure that our site, products, and services are of interest to you. We also use your personal information to provide you with the expected level of hospitality throughout your stay and throughout our properties and location retreats.
- E-bill service: We use your email address to send you your confirmation / invoice via email. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have the correct (and preferred) email on file. If you make a reservation for another person using your email address, that person’s invoice will be sent to your email address.
- Data Correctness, Analytics and Personalization: We may aggregate your personal information with data from third-party sources for purposes of keeping information up to date and analytics. We also rely on information from third parties in order to provide better, more personalised service during your stay with us.
In order to offer you the expected level of hospitality and to provide you with the best level of service, we may share your personal information with our service providers, and other third parties as set forth in detail below:
- Location retreats: We may share personal information within the Azulfit location retreat experience. Your name, room preference and flight information, for example may be shared with owners and operators of partner properties that we utilise for location retreats, but do not own.
- E-Bill Service: If you receive an e-bill by email (as discussed above), a summary detailing the reservation and services provided to you during your stay will be shared with the payment card provider (Stripe & PayPal). (Transaction amount, Transaction ID, transaction total).
- Group Events or Retreats: If you visit Azulfit as part of a group event, retreat or training, information collected for planning may be shared with the organisers, and, where appropriate, with your consent, guests who organise or participate in the training, retreat, or event.
- Business Partners: We may partner with other companies to provide you with products, services, or offers. For example, we may help to arrange activities like surfing or other services from our business partners, and share personal information with our business partners in order to provide those services. We may also share your personal information, such as your mobile phone number, with our drivers to help them locate you on arrival.
- Co-Sponsors of Promotions: We co-sponsor promotions, competitions or contests with other companies, and we provide prizes for contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these contests, we may share your information with the co-sponsor or third-party sponsor.
- On-property Services: We may share personal information with third-party providers of on-property services such as, spa treatments, surf, etc.
- Service Providers: We rely on third parties to provide services and products on our behalf and may share your personal information with them as appropriate. Generally, our service providers are contractually obligated to protect your personal information and may not otherwise use or share your personal information, except as may be required by law.
- We may use service providers to communicate news and deliver promotional materials to you on our behalf, in accordance with your preferences and applicable law.
- Business Transactions: As we develop our business, we might sell, buy, restructure or reorganise businesses or assets, or cease being the manager of a property that is currently part of our portfolio. In such circumstances, Azulfit SL may transfer, or assign information collected, including, without limitation, Other Information (described below) and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties in connection with these business transactions. To the extent that local laws require it, we will provide notice of our intent to transfer personal data to a third party for this purpose, and explain how you can object to such transfer.
- Other: In addition, Azulfit may disclose personal information in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, (ii) respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities, (iii) comply with valid legal process, (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Azulfit SL, site visitors, guests, employees or the public, (v) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, (vi) enforce our websites’ terms and conditions, and (vii) respond to an emergency.
The term “sensitive information” refers to information related to your health or to your ID. We collect sensitive information as required by our Insurance and to provide you with the best possible service and care during your stay with us. We may use health data provided by you to serve you better and meet your particular needs. This information is securely stored according to the policies required by our insurance. Your consent to store this information is explained when you sign your health waiver, at the time of your visit. We also take a copy of your passport, with your consent and store this for the duration of your stay.
We do not collect personal information from individuals under 16 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission. If you bring a child with you to participate in the program (16 or older) we will require the same information related to the data outlined in section “Personal Data that we collect” and ask that you sign to give consent on their behalf.
Azulfit will take all reasonable measures to: (i) protect personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and (ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date as appropriate. We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with whom we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use reasonable technological measures to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
For your own privacy protection, please do not send payment card numbers or any other confidential personal information to us via email.
We will not contact you by mobile or email to ask for your confidential personal information or payment card details. We will only ask for payment card details by telephone when you are booking a reservation and have called in to our reservations line. Once your card details are processed they are encrypted and transmitted to our payment processing system, Stripe.
As a company offering global retreats, we endeavour to provide you with the same level of service that you have come to expect whether in Spain, the USA or any of our other location retreats around the world. To provide this service, you acknowledge that we may share your personal information amongst our team, our service providers, and other third parties, which may be located in countries outside of your own. Although the data protection laws of these various countries may differ from those in your own country, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is handled as described in this Statement and in accordance with the law.
As a valued guest, the information you provided to us at the time of booking may be accessed, reviewed and updated at any time by emailing us at [email protected].
To the extent required by applicable law, you may be able to request that we inform you about the personal information we maintain about you and, where appropriate, request that we update, correct and/or delete personal information about you that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law and, where permitted by law, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to the request. Such requests must be submitted in writing to [email protected]. To protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to such requests to the email address that you have registered or otherwise provided to us. Please remember that if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of services to which you are accustomed.
In addition, in some circumstances based on applicable law, you may request that we cease using personal information about you by contacting us using the email address above. We will seek to honour those requests consistently with applicable law and may need to maintain a record of your booking with us in some form to maintain database integrity.
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
We will destroy your personal information as early as practicable and in a way that the information may not be restored or reconstructed.
If printed on paper, the personal information will be destroyed in a secure manner, such as by shredding the paper documents or otherwise and, if saved in electronic form, the personal information will be destroyed by technical means to ensure the information may not be restored or reconstructed at a later time.
We conduct direct marketing and sales promotions as described below in more detail. If you have given us your contact information (email address or phone number) through a contact or sign up form, we may want to inform you in accordance with any preferences you have expressed, and with your consent where required, about our products and services or invite you to events via email, online advertising, social media, and other means (including on-property messaging).
You may change the communications you receive from us by emailing us at [email protected].
If you prefer not to receive email marketing materials from us, you may opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us or by clicking this link: opt out link to dotmailer.
Opt-out requests can take up to five business days to be effective.
Marketing – ‘Opt in’ vs ‘Opt out’
With the new law, a company may determine that its current clients have a Legitimate Interest in receiving marketing information, as they are, or have previously been, a client, and shown interest in the business. Under this lawful basis, our clients are ‘opted in’ to receiving marketing material, but you have an option to ‘opt out’ of this should you request it.
At Azulfit, we have chosen the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest for marketing to our guests. We do not send a great deal of newsletters (6-8 annually). We always strive to make the content relevant, supportive and informative, and believe that our clients will be interested in the information that we do send. However, we will always ensure our guests have the option to ‘opt out’ of receiving this information; you can opt out using the form below.
We may modify this Statement from time to time. When we make material changes to this Statement we will post a link to the revised Statement on the homepage of our site, and if you have registered for any of your products or services, will may also inform you though a communications channel that you have provided. You can tell when this Statement was last updated by looking at the link and at the date at the top of the Statement. Any changes to our Statement will become effective upon posting of the revised Statement on the site. Use of the site, any of our products and services, and/or providing consent to the updated Statement following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Statement then in effect.
If you have any questions about this statement or how Azulfit processes your personal information, please contact us by email at [email protected]
As stated above, we may modify this Statement from time to time. To help you track the most significant changes, we will include a history of changes, below, so that you are aware of modifications to our Statement.
Last Update: April 26 2018
To consent to receive our Azulfit newsletter, please sign up below:
We send newsletters with retreat news and offers, recipes, exercise videos and wellbeing tips 8 -10 times per year. We never share or sell your data.