Jo’s cookbook has arrived! With 75 delicious recipes, mouth watering photos, life changing nutrition advice and Jo’s story, this book is a must have for those looking to boost energy levels, learn new and exciting vegetarian recipes, and most of all have a little fun in the kitchen. Here’s one of her fabulous recipes from the book – simple, healthy and extremely tasty…
Rice pilaf (serves 4)
- 300g brown rice 900ml water (The quantity of water depends a lot on the type of rice, add only approximately 600ml to normal non-organic brown rice)
- Sea salt
- 2 onions, chopped
- ½ tsp cardamom, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A handful of almonds, toasted
- A handful of chopped herbs (mint, parsley, basil)
- In a medium sized pot, fry 1 of the onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the cardamom.
- Mix in rice and salt and stir.
- Add the water and bring to the boil, lower the heat and cook the rice as you would normally.
- Toast the almonds in a pan then set aside in a bowl.
- Fry the other onion in a pan until soft and slightly brown.
- Place the rice in a serving bowl and top with the onion, the almonds and the herbs.
About the author
|Jo Dombernowsky is the resident chef and nutrition advisor at Azul Yoga & Pilates Retreat. She runs nutrition workshops, detox retreats and special nutrition holidays and is the author of the highly acclaimed cookbook ‘Truly healthy, truly delicious’. Jo is also an inspirational Pilates teacher and her all-round healthy approach to life is clear to see! Jo has her own food blog where she posts her delicious recipes, keeping you up to date on all the wonderful new food coming out of the Azul kitchen.|