The 30th of April will be International ‘Pay It Forward’ Day, a day of random acts of kindness and events set to highlight some of the good work thats being done globally for all the worthy causes out there.
As yogis and spiritual people, we should certainly see this as an opportunity to show the world what a wonderful community we are.
Yoga teaches us compassion and positivity, and as people who regularly benefit from these concepts, it’s now our responsibility to take the lead and share the love.
With you all at the helm, we’re aiming high and the goal is to collectively contribute to 3 million acts of kindness around the world!
At Azul we are encouraging our guests and our extended Azul family to take part.
To inspire you, we are paying it forward by giving away 1 holiday for the week of the 25 April – 2 May 2015 to celebrate Pay It Forward day together with our lucky winner.
And guess what else? Everyone can be a winner… we are paying it forward by giving a 50 euro credit to every guest when you book holidays from 25 April 2015 through to the 30 June 2015 using the code PIF50.
Join Pay It Forward Day and celebrate with us by taking a snap of your random acts of kindness, or nominate friends, family or loved ones by catching their acts of kindness. Post them to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #azulgiving and we will choose one lucky winner to have a free holiday with us. Post your images with the hashtag #azulgiving by 15 April, and we will announce the winner of the free holiday on the 17 April. Click here for more information, T’s & C’s
We understand that some people feel that charity should be something that we should take part in without reward (the very definition of seva is selfless service) and that it shouldn’t be something we show, or shout about, and in some ways that is true.
However, this is something we should shout about. This is a day where those that care for others, believe in community and compassion, can openly share kindness and inspire others to do the same. Now that is something that the world could use a little more of.
To help you out we’ve made a short list with some suggestions:
- Pay for a stranger’s cup of coffee
- Get the next person’s food, toll, petrol, etc.
- Help someone out in need
- Take some extra food or drink with you to give to a homeless person
- Be courteous – hold the door open, or let someone cut in front of you on the road
- Redirect gifts: instead of having people give you birthday and holiday gifts, ask them to donate gifts or money to a good cause.
- Donate cat and dog food to an animal shelter. Call ahead and ask what is needed.
- Donate old eye glasses, and clothing you no longer wear
- At work, offer to make the next round of tea or coffee, refill the copy machine or change the ink cartridges
- Do a mini food drive at the office, and donate it to a local food bank or homeless shelter
- Do a nice online review for a small local business
- Be creative…Even something as simple as a smile can change someone’s day.
Good luck to you all and may ‘Pay It Forward Day’ be a day that never ends…
We love this fun fact – pay it forward in action:
“Suspended coffee,” or sospeso, in coffee shops in Italy. The idea is that any customer can buy a coffee but not consume it. The business announces it, and log these coffees on a board anyone can see. Anyone who enters the coffee shop can claim one of these suspended coffees. Lots of people claim the coffees. The coffees are meant for people who are homeless, or in economic hardship, but of course sometimes people just forget their wallet.