This easy-to-make marmalade makes a delicious spread that always goes down well at the Azul breakfast table – try it and see for yourself! And don’t forget that Jo will be running a hands-on cooking and nutrition workshop in London, at Central Street Cookery School. Please see ‘Truly healthy, London’ for more information. You can win a ticket (or a cookbook) by entering the competition on Azul’s Facebook page.
- 1kg ripe bananas
- Zest and juice of an organic lemon
- 200 ml water
- Peel the bananas and put them in a pot
- Add water, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Blend and set aside to cool down.
- Put the marmalade small jars. Store one in the fridge and freeze the rest. The marmalade last for about 5 days in the fridge.
About the author
|Jo Dombernowsky is the resident chef and nutrition advisor at Azul Yoga & Pilates Retreat. She runs nutrition workshops, detox retreats and special nutrition holidays and is the author of the highly acclaimed cookbook ‘Truly healthy, truly delicious’. Jo is also an inspirational Pilates teacher and her all-round healthy approach to life is clear to see! Jo has her own food blog where she posts her delicious recipes, keeping you up to date on all the wonderful new food coming out of the Azul kitchen.|