There are many benefits to eating a plant based diet.
A vegetarian Christmas meal can be both delicious and healthy!
From our kitchen to yours, a Christmas gift from Jo’s Truly Healthy, Truly Delicious kitchen – may this become part of your family tradition each year, sharing time, smiles and gratitude together.
1 onion, chopped
500g cooked brown rice (250g uncooked)
100g almonds, chopped
100g hazelnuts, ground
100 g walnuts, ground
100 sunflower seeds, roughly ground
80g poppy seeds
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 carrots, grated
1 heaped tbsp thyme
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp cumin
3 tbsp soy sauce
- Fry the onion in 2 tbsp olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the nuts, seeds, thyme and spices. Turn to mix.
- Add the olive oil, onion, carrot, soy sauce and brown rice. Blend the mix partly with a hand blender, until it sticks together.
- Cover a rectangular baking tin with baking paper and place the dough into the tin.
- Top with poppy seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes on 160C.
Thanks for cooking with me this holiday season!